You are here
Deadlines and Important Dates
Priority Application Deadlines
Fall Admission: December 1
Spring Admission: May 1
Applications received after the priority deadlines are not guaranteed review.
Applications can be submitted three months prior to the priority deadline. In order for an application to be considered complete, the following documents must be received:
- Completed online application and $50.00 application fee. Duke University accepts personal checks, money orders or payment by credit card.
- Official copy of all post-secondary educational transcripts either mailed or sent electronically to the Office of Admissions and Student Services.
- Three letters of recommendation using the standardized reference form found in the online application. Students can submit recommendations from professional and/or academic persons.
- Personal Statement Questions. A total of four questions must be answered within the application form in the provided text box.
Once the application is complete, the file will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee. The candidate will be notified of the admissions decision via Applicant Self-Service by the ABSN Admissions Officer. All admissions decisions will be posted in Application Self-Service. If a candidate is selected for admission, they will receive an email inviting them to participate in Duke Days, which is an on-campus event. The admitted student will be able to select which Duke Day they would like to attend. Highlights of Duke Days include:
- Tour of simulation lab, Duke Medical Center and parts of campus.
- Alumni panel.
- Admissions and Financial Aid presentation.
- Introduction and program overview presented by program director.
Admissions decisions are made in March (Fall term admission) and July (Spring term admission). A non-refundable enrollment fee of $500 will hold an admitted student’s place in the cohort. This enrollment deposit will be credited towards the student’s first semester tuition. Candidates not offered admission will receive either a wait-list status invite or deny/decline decision. Should space become available, candidates will be notified individually via Applicant Self-Service. An offer of admission is not guaranteed for wait-listed candidates. Candidates offered admission from the waitlist will also be required to submit a non-refundable enrollment/tuition deposit.