You are here
Prospective students who are applying to enter the Duke University School of Nursing MSN Health Informatics Program for the first time and meet eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
Two scholarships will be awarded for the Fall 2016 Semester, and two scholarships will be awarded for the Spring 2017 Semester. Each scholarship could cover up to $20,000 of tuition to complete the student’s MSN Health Informatics Program of study ($10,000 per year for two years). Students may apply for this special scholarship one time only, prior to the first semester in which they are enrolled in the Health Informatics Program. The successful student can have the first year’s $10,000 Scholarship renewed in their second year for $10,000. Non-degree students are not eligible to apply.
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Admission to Duke University School of Nursing as a Health Informatics MSN student
- Begin the program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded
Fall 2016 Scholarship: July 1, 2016
Spring 2017 Scholarship: December 1, 2016
Please note that late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Exceptional cumulative undergraduate grade point average
- A short essay (2 page maximum) describing an informatics problem that you are interested in solving after graduation from the program. This essay is to be distinct from the Personal Statement provided on the Duke University School of Nursing Application Form.
- Essay is evaluated on the basis of composition, clarity of thought and your response to the question.
- Complete the Informatics Scholarship Application and submit all materials required per the instructions.
- Complete the required essay described in the Informatics Scholarship Application Instructions.
Announcement of the Award
The Scholarship selection process is held within two weeks of the start of the semester. The applicant will be notified in writing of selection or non-selection following the review of the applications. Please use this form when applying for the Informatics Scholarship.
Additional information is available from:
Financial Aid Office
Duke University School of Nursing
307 Trent Drive, DUMC 3322
Durham, NC 27710