You are here
Due to strong demand and limited class size, early application is encouraged. The Office of Admissions and Student Services must receive the completed application with all supporting documents (evaluation forms, transcripts, GRE scores, licenses, proof of certifications, current CV, etc.) before October 15 (Early Decision deadline) or December 1 (Application deadline) of the year of desired admission (August matriculation). Incomplete applications will not be considered after the December 1 deadline.
Supporting Documents Required by the Office of Admissions and Student Services
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges, universities, and graduate schools attended. Transcripts must be submitted regardless of when you attended, how many hours you earned, or whether you earned a degree.
- Transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution in order to be considered official. You may also collect sealed transcripts and send them all together in one large envelope.
- Duke University School of Nursing will accept electronic transcripts sent directly from the issuing institution(s). These documents can be emailed to SON-Documents@dm.duke.edu.
- Photocopy of current, unencumbered nursing (RN) license.
- Proof of current certifications as stated on the application (Basic Life Support Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Life Support, CCRN, etc.).
- Current curriculum vitae.
- Three professional references attesting to academic ability, professional competency and professional qualifications are required. One reference must be from an immediate supervisor and include a contact phone number. References must rate professional performance as excellent or above average.
- Application fee of $50.
Mail all supporting documents to the Office of Admissions and Student Services:
Duke University School of Nursing
DUMC 3322, 307 Trent Drive
Durham, NC, 27710
Supporting Documents That Must Be Submitted Directly From the Sender (Not the Applicant) to the Office of Admissions and Student Services
- GRE scores: Graduate Record Examination scores must be officially reported to the Office of Admissions and Student Services. Information regarding the GRE can be found at the Educational Testing Service website. Duke University School of Nursing's GRE code is 5156.