You are here
Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
Trajectories of Chronic Illness and Care Systems
The Duke University School of Nursing Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for Fall 2016 will accept applications for postdoctoral fellows who have funding to develop rigorous theoretical and methodological approaches for studying the separate and combined trajectories of chronic illnesses and care systems. Join our NIH funded investigators to study:
- Acute and Long-Term Care Systems
- Adaptive Leadership
- Decision Making
- Disease Prevention
- Family Caregiving
- Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- Perioperative Care
- Symptom Management
- Specialty Populations (Premature and High Risk Infants; Children with Acute and Chronic Illnesses; Adults with HIV, Hepatitis C, Diabetes, Sickle Cell Disease, Cancer, or Cardiovascular Disease; Older Adults)
A focus on health disparities or minority population is desirable.
This program pairs a postdoctoral fellow with a mentor who shares a research interest and is able to supervise the fellow's research. In addition to supervised research, postdoctoral training will involve auditing advanced coursework in the School and active participation in a Duke interdisciplinary center related to the fellow's research area.
The program aims are to:
- Expand the cadre of nurse scientists with the advanced training necessary to build the science of trajectories of chronic illness and care systems,
- Expand infrastructure within the School, and
- Extend interdisciplinary linkages outside the School to support postdoctoral training on trajectories of chronic illness and care systems.
Duke University School of Nursing is accepting applications for this program of research until February 15, 2016. To request or submit application materials and for more information about possible mentors, potential fellows should contact:
Debra H. Brandon, PhD, RN, CCNS, FAAN
Director, Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
Duke University School of Nursing
307 Trent Drive
Box 3322 DUMC
Durham, NC 27710
Please contact Leslie Barnhouse with your questions: email@example.com.