You are here
Whether you are just beginning to consider the right university or already have a focused plan and are ready to apply, the admissions staff is available to help you. We welcome your email, phone calls and personal visits and look forward to talking with you!
Program Admission by Semester
The following table indicates the terms for which each program considers students for admission.
|MSN, Post-Master's Certificate||x||x|
|Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics||x|
|Non-Degree Orthopedic Certificate||x|
Sample Matriculation Plans
Priority Application Deadlines
The priority application dates represent all DUSON programs except the PhD program. It is strongly recommended that you submit your application before the priority deadline. It is likely that enrollment in many programs will be filled soon after that date. Applications received after the priority deadline dates will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
Would you like to be notified when the application is available? Complete our prospect information form and we’ll notify you when the application cycle has opened.
|Admit Term||Application Availability||Priority Deadline/Additional Information|
|Spring||Opens each January||ABSN Program: June 1
MSN-DNP Program: May 1
All other programs: May 1
|Fall||Opens each August||DNP: February 1
Nurse Anesthesia-DNP: February 1
All other programs: December 1
Application and Admission Requirements
To apply for admission, interested students must complete the online admission application. The Office of Admissions and Student Services coordinates the review of applications for the ABSN, MSN, Certificate, Non-Degree and DNP programs. PhD students apply directly through the Graduate School. A file is considered complete if it has been submitted with the following materials by the application deadline:
- Online application and $50.00 application fee.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. Transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution in order to be considered official. DUSON will accept electronic transcripts sent directly from the issuing institution(s). These documents can be emailed to SON-Documents@dm.duke.edu. Fax transcripts are considered unofficial.
- Official GRE test scores taken within the past five years. A competitive score is typically earned within the 50th percentile. Test score waivers are available for ABSN and MSN applicants who have an earned a master’s degree or a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.4 or higher. The GRE is required for all Nurse Anesthesia DNP students and cannot be waived for any applicants.
- Personal Statement.
- Resume/Vitae (required of all graduate applicants).
- References submitted using the online application recommender tool.
- Portfolio (required only for DNP, Nurse Anesthesia-DNP, and BSN-DNP).
Each program has specific admission requirements in addition to the application materials above:
Duke University's Annual Clery Security Report as Mandated by Federal Statute 20 USC § 1092. The Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report include institutional policies concerning campus safety and security, as well as statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on Duke University property and on public property adjacent to campus and fires that have occurred in residence halls. A copy of this Report can be obtained by contacting the Duke Police Department at 684-4602 or writing to 502 Oregon Street, Durham, NC 27708 or by accessing: http://www.duke.edu/police/news_stats/clery.php