You are here
Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence
The Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence (CGNE) serves as the unifying structure within the Duke School of Nursing to develop, identify and support gero-focused educational, research and practice opportunities and resources.
Consistent with the School's mission, the CGNE:
- supports the development of clinical leaders, advanced practitioners and researchers;
- promotes clinical scholarship; and
- advances gerotontological-focused nursing science.
To accomplish its work, the CGNE:
- seeks out individuals, programs and organizations with common strategic goals;
- identifies opportunities to share resources among collaborators; and
- builds synergy to transform care of older adults.