You are here
Institute for Educational Excellence
The Institute for Educational Excellence (IEE) at Duke University School of Nursing reflects the renaissance in the higher education community centered on the formation of pedagogical scholars, the preparation of faculty for the teaching role, and the need for evidence-based teaching practices.
The goals of IEE are to:
- Prepare master teachers who design and implement academic programs that prepare graduates as outstanding clinicians, scholars, and leaders in the field of nursing.
- Prepare faculty to serve as nursing education leaders and pedagogical scholars who transform nursing education.
- Establish the Duke University School of Nursing as a center of teaching excellence, known for its innovative academic programs; its conduct of transformative educational research; its commitment to the ongoing development of faculty; and its exceptional graduates.
- Create a culture of excellence and innovation, as well as a community of learning, where faculty continually seek to become more effective and innovative teachers who serve as role models for students who themselves are becoming lifelong learners committed to excellence.
- Contribute to the development of the science of nursing education.