As a DUSON student, you are required to have your own laptop. When necessary, you can temporarily borrow a laptop from the IT Service Desk. Visit the Computer Purchase Requirements page for information on the recommended computer specifications.
Most of your classes will require a laptop during your class session. If you are primarily a distance student and come to campus only a few days each semester, you will still need a laptop for those days.
- Who can reserve—Any student with a need on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis.
- When to Reserve—3 days prior to your class is preferred. Day of walk-in is accepted.
- Reservation Length of Time—Duration of the class session or testing. From 8am-5pm if needed.
- How to Reserve-- Contact the DUSON IT Service Desk at 919-684-9200.
- What if you lack the resources to purchase a laptop?
- Recommend submitting documentation of loan denial or letter of financial hardship to the DUSON Financial Aid Office.
- If you are a student enrolled spring 2013 or before, you may be eligible for a reconditioned loaner laptop for an entire semester provided by the DUSON IT Service Desk.
If you need a temporary location to use a computer, there are
- networked workstations available throughout the Pearson and Clipp Buildings.
- We request a 15 minute limit per session to allow for equitable access to all students.
- other options if you need more than 15 minutes of computer time while on campus such as