The School of Nursing participates in Duke's centrally managed digital signage solution, Four Winds Interactive. This solution provides the School a centrally managed, robust tool for disseminating news, activities, and events pertinent to the DUSON community. The School currently manages 3 signage displays in Clipp and Pearson.
Requirement(s) for Posting Content
- DUSON Marketing and Communications manages the flyer submission and posting process.
- Submit flyer(s) 3 business days in advance of when it needs to be posted.
- While not currently a requirement, please review the details below for designing your flyer. Vertical flyers can continue to be submitted; however, the horizontal format using the best practices below for digital display will produce the highest quality and most professional look.
Best Practices for designing a flyer:
- Use strong contrast between text and background
- Limit amount of content and keep it simple
- Name of event
- Day, date, and time of event
- Event location
- Contact person or group
- Brief description
- Use largest font sizes possible (60-80 pt for headings; 36 pt for content)
- Use only standard display fonts such as Arial, Calibri, Tahoma
- PPT Flyer Design Guidelines
- 16x9 ratio
- PowerPoint PPT file
- If multiple slides in the file, then set the transitions and timing
- Horizontal format
- Image / Photo Guideline
- Horizontal format
- 1920 pixels x 1080 pixels (26.67” wide x 15” high)
- JPG or PNG
- 96 dpi
- Each flyer is visible for 7 seconds so there is enough time to read about 30 words.
- Once your request is received, the flyer will be uploaded and scheduled for rotation up to 2 weeks out from the event date.
- Upon a campus emergency alert, the signage will be controlled by the Duke emergency team and important information will be displayed.
- DUSON will display its own dedicated emergency alert just above the DUSON logo when specific to the School and necessary.