Employees and students are scheduled, during orientation, to have individual photos taken that are added to a badge also containing a Unique ID and DukeCard number. This badge is referred as the DukeCard and is provided to you for free. In most cases, it can be used as your 'all access pass' throughout campus.
The DukeCard allows you access to important Duke resources such as:
- Proves your identity when required
- Contains your Duke Unique ID (NOT YOUR NetID)
- Access to locked buildings your have authorization to enter
- Access to your assigned parking lot
- Dining/food purchases via Flexible Spending Account
- Duke Store purchases
If for some reason you do not have one and believe you should, visit the DukeCard website on how to obtain one.