NVivo is software that supports qualitative and mixed methods research. It lets you collect, organize, and analyze content from interviews, focus group discussions, surveys, audio - and now in NVivo 10 - social media and web pages.
With NVivo you can deeply analyze your data using powerful search, query and visualization tools. Uncover subtle connections, add your insights and ideas as you work, rigorously justify findings, and effortlessly share your work.
- The NVivo workspace is designed using Microsoft user interface guidelines, so it looks familiar and is easy to use.
- NVivo handles virtually any data, including Word documents, PDFs, pictures, database tables, spreadsheets, audio files, videos (imported video files and YouTube content), social media data and web pages.
- Interchange information between NVivo and other applications like Microsoft Word and Excel, IBM SPSS Statistics, EndNote and Evernote.
- NVivo’s query tools let you uncover subtle trends, and automated analysis features let you sit up above your data and drill down into it. For example, search for an exact word or words that are similar in meaning to quickly test theories.
- Prefer pictures to words? NVivo lets you display connections, ideas and findings using a range of visualization tools such as charts, maps and models. What’s more, you can easily view the live data behind them.