Pamela H. Wall, PhD, RN, PMHNP-BC, FAANP, joined DUSON on September 1, 2016, and is a member of the Division of Healthcare in Adult Populations. She is a psychiatric nurse practitioner who has served with the United States Navy for more than 19 years. Her clinical expertise is in traumatic brain injury (TBI), post-traumatic stress disorder and caregiver fatigue and resiliency. Her program of research is focused on sleep disorders in the military, especially in those with traumatic brain injury. Wall has been a member of a congressionally-appointed panel that developed the curriculum for DoD/VA caregivers of patients with traumatic brain injury and has authored and co-authored several publications that focus on mental health disorders and TBI in the military. Prior to Duke, Wall served as the United States Navy Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Specialty Leader and acting department head at the Navy Health Clinic Marine Corp Air Base in Cherry Point N.C.
You are here
Pamela Wall, PhD, RN, PMHNP-BC, FAANP
- PhD - University of Pennsylvania
- MSN - University of Pennsylvania
- BS - Elmhurst College
- Mental Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Military and Veteran Populations
Awards and Honors
- 2015 || Meritorious Service Medal, 2nd Marine Division
- 2013 || Mary J Hall Award for Excellence in Publication for synthesis of literature entitled “Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Brain Injury in Current Military Populations: A Critical Analysis"
- 2012 || Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences
- 2008 || Meritorious Service Medal, National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD
- 2007 || Navy Achievement Medal, Expeditionary Medical Facility, Kuwait
- 2006 || Navy Achievement Medal, USNS Comfort, Hurricane Katrina Relief Effort
- 2003 || Army Commendation Medal, Joint Task Force, Guantanamo Bay Cuba
- 2003 || Navy Commendation Medal, Naval Medical Center, Portsmouth, VA
- 2002 || Army Achievement Medal, Fleet Hospital #20, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
- 2000 || Navy Achievement Medal, Naval Hospital, Guam
2013 -- PubMed # : 23053745 Posttraumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injury in current military populations: a critical analysis. J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc. 18(5); 278-98
2012 -- PubMed # : 22354515 Stress, coping, and mental health-seeking behaviors: gender differences in OEF/OIF health care providers. J Trauma Stress. 25(1); 115-9
Duke University School of Nursing’s Master of Science in Nursing Program is now accepting applications for its new psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP) program. The program will be directed by Pamela Wall, PhD, RN, PMHNP-BC, FAANP, assistant professor for the Duke University School of Nursing (DUSON). Wall is a psychiatric nurse practitioner who served the United States Navy for more than 20 years.
Pamela Wall was recently one of four nurses and alumni featured in a University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing article entitled "Where Nurses Lead: In the Military." Wall discusses resilience in challenging environments. Click here to read the full article.