You are here
Duke RN Tuition
What is RNTAP?
Duke University Health System (DUHS) and the Duke University School of Nursing (DUSON) support the continued education and learning of DUHS registered nurses. A highly educated nursing workforce strengthens the quality of care, clinical outcomes, and translation of nursing research into clinical practice within DUHS.
The Registered Nurse Tuition Assistance Program (RNTAP) provides funding either alone or in combination with the Duke Employee Tuition Assistance Program (DETAP). For eligible registered nurses, RNTAP contributes up to 90% of tuition for study towards a master’s degree, post-master’s degree certificate, or doctorate of nursing practice degree at the Duke University School of Nursing.
Who is eligible?
RNTAP applicants must meet ALL of the following requirements to qualify:
- Have completed one year of continuous service as a benefits-eligible DUHS employee
- Be an active status RN (.75 FTE) employed by DUHS
- Be in good standing, with a satisfactory performance record
- Be enrolled at Duke University School of Nursing
- Agree to a three-year work commitment as a DUHS RN
- Not participate concurrently in DUHS Nurse Loan Forgivemess, Duke ABSN Tuition Reimbursement Program or Watts School of Nursing Tuition Reimbursement Program
For more information and to apply for the RNTAP
Office of Special Programs in DUHS Nursing Administration