You are here
We recommend new students apply for aid after the Financial Aid webinar. For fall 2018 applicants, the webinar will be in mid-January.
For information regarding DUSON scholarships, please visit our Scholarships page.
Requirements to apply for federal student loans:
- School Code: 002920
- Degree/Certificate: 2nd Bachelor’s Degree
- Current Grade Level: 5th year undergraduate
- Complete income data using 2016 tax information
- Parent information may be required based on criteria outlined by the Department of Education
To apply for need-based scholarships (new students ONLY):
- Complete the 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using the above instructions.
- Complete the 2018-19 CSS Profile
- School Code: 2185 - Duke U. School of Nursing
- Year in School for 2018-19: 5th year undergraduate
- There is a $25 fee to submit the CSS Profile, and fee waivers are not available.
- Submit the required tax documents to College Board's IDOC Service.
- 2016 student (and spouse, if applicable) federal tax returns with all schedules and W-2s.
- If born on or after January 1, 1988: 2016 parent federal tax returns with all schedules and W-2s.
- If parent information is required and your parents are divorced/separated/never married, a CSS Profile must be submitted for each parent, and 2016 federal tax returns with all schedules and W-2s must be submitted from both parents.
All required materials must be submitted by the priority deadline below to guarantee need-based scholarship consideration.
Priority Financial Aid Deadlines
|NEW FALL STUDENTS||NEW SPRING STUDENTS||CONTINUING STUDENTS|
|Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)||February 15||June 8||May 1|
|CSS Profile||February 15||June 8||n/a|
|College Board IDOC/Tax Documents||February 22||June 15||n/a|
Financial Aid Award Timeline
If all required documents are received by the priority deadline, newly admitted students will receive a financial aid award by email within two weeks of acceptance. The financial aid award may also be viewed within Applicant Self-Service.
Returning students will receive a financial aid award by the end of June. The financial aid award may also be viewed within the Duke Hub.