You are here
Associate Dean of Research Affairs
Diane Holditch-Davis, PhD, RN, FAAN Marcus Hobbs Distinguished Professor of Nursing
For questions or appointments please contact Leslie Fife, 919-684-5376 or email NursingResearch@mc.duke.edu.
To provide the resources needed to support knowledge and discovery that furthers the science of nursing.
Functions and Services:
The Office of Research Affairs (ORA) provides a wide range of mentoring support and service to:
- Postdoctoral fellows
- Doctoral students
- Practicing nurses in the Duke University Health System
The ORA coordinates School of Nursing representation on two of the eight Duke University Medical Center Institutional Review Boards.
Under the direction of our Associate Dean for Research, Diane Holditch-Davis, PhD, the ORA faculty and staff are available to assist with:
- Proposal writing through preparation of statistical data
- Editorial review
- Budget development
- Submission of external grant funding
- Formatting and communication with:
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Institutional Office of Research Administration
- Institutional Office of Sponsored Programs
- Research Costing Compliance
- Duke Office of Clinical Research
- Clinical Research Unit Processes
This office is fully staffed with Research Administrators, Grants Specialists and Technical Processors. Statisticians and Editors are available to provide valuable consultation as needed. Please contact us for more information regarding our abilities to support your research needs.