Welcome to the Office of Global and Community Health Initiatives! We live in an increasingly diverse and global community. Now more than ever, it is vital to cultivate nurse leaders who are culturally sensitive, aware of current and emerging health needs and poised to address health disparities locally, nationally and globally. As the Duke University School of Nursing (DUSON) continues to build upon our legacy as a leader in nursing education, research and clinical practice, we expand our vision to include bi-directional global activities that not only amplify the School’s mission but also positively impact nursing and health care delivery worldwide.
The Office of Global and Community Health Initiatives (OGACHI) was established in 2006 to manage and promote local, regional and international activities for the School of Nursing. We take DUSON to the world and bring the world to DUSON in the following ways:
- Facilitate bi-directional partnerships and linkages
- Host visiting scholars, faculty, delegations and dignitaries
- Support faculty scholarship and global research
- Coordinate short-term global clinical/cultural immersion experiences for all levels of students
- Expand understanding of global health topics through our annual global health lecture and symposium, and visiting scholar colloquia