Pamela Wall, PhD, RN, PMHNP-BC, FAANP
Pamela H. Wall, PhD, RN, PMHNP-BC, FAANP, joined DUSON on September 1, 2016, and is a member of the Division of Healthcare in Adult Populations. She is a psychiatric nurse practitioner who has served with the United States Navy for more than 19 years. Her clinical expertise is in traumatic brain injury (TBI), post-traumatic stress disorder and caregiver fatigue and resiliency. Her program of research is focused on sleep disorders in the military, especially in those with traumatic brain injury. Wall has been a member of a congressionally-appointed panel that developed the curriculum for DoD/VA caregivers of patients with traumatic brain injury and has authored and co-authored several publications that focus on mental health disorders and TBI in the military. Prior to Duke, Wall served as the United States Navy Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Specialty Leader and acting department head at the Navy Health Clinic Marine Corp Air Base in Cherry Point N.C.
Academic Program Affiliations
- PhD - University of Pennsylvania
- MSN - University of Pennsylvania
- BS - Elmhurst College
- Mental Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Military and Veteran Populations
Awards and Honors
- 2015 || Meritorious Service Medal, 2nd Marine Division
- 2013 || Mary J Hall Award for Excellence in Publication for synthesis of literature entitled “Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Brain Injury in Current Military Populations: A Critical Analysis"
- 2012 || Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences
- 2008 || Meritorious Service Medal, National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD
- 2007 || Navy Achievement Medal, Expeditionary Medical Facility, Kuwait
- 2006 || Navy Achievement Medal, USNS Comfort, Hurricane Katrina Relief Effort
- 2003 || Army Commendation Medal, Joint Task Force, Guantanamo Bay Cuba
- 2003 || Navy Commendation Medal, Naval Medical Center, Portsmouth, VA
- 2002 || Army Achievement Medal, Fleet Hospital #20, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
- 2000 || Navy Achievement Medal, Naval Hospital, Guam
- 2013 -- PubMed # : 23053745 -- Wall, P. L. Posttraumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injury in current military populations: a critical analysis. J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc. 18(5); 278-98.
- 2012 -- PubMed # : 22224844 -- Gibbons, S. W. and Hickling, E. J. and Barnett, S. D. and Herbig-Wall, P. L. and Watts, D. D. Gender differences in response to deployment among military healthcare providers in Afghanistan and Iraq. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 21(5); 496-504. PMC3353827
- 2012 -- PubMed # : 22354515 -- Gibbons, S. W. and Barnett, S. D. and Hickling, E. J. and Herbig-Wall, P. L. and Watts, D. D. Stress, coping, and mental health-seeking behaviors: gender differences in OEF/OIF health care providers. J Trauma Stress. 25(1); 115-9.