News for Faculty and Staff
- November 22, 2020Assistant Professors Schenita D.
- November 20, 2020Kudos to AnnMarie L. Walton, assistant professor, and her entire team for the submission of her Duke School of Medicine Core Facility Voucher Grant application entitled: “Using Silicone Wristbands to Assess Nurses' Exposure to Antineoplastic Drugs: A Feasibility Study.” This proposal requests funding for a one-year period with a start date of January 1, 2021.
- November 19, 2020DUSON Spectrum is supporting the Duke Divinity School Pride group's Transgender Day of Remembrance ceremony events, where those who have lost their lives will have their humanity recognized, be remembered, and laid in power. The initial event was held Wednesday, November 18, from 3 to 4 p.m. on Zoom.
- November 19, 2020Former DUSON Dean Dorothy J. Brundage passed away Sunday, November 15, 2020. Her daughter Ellen and son David are not planning a public service. In lieu of flowers, the family wishes donations in her memory be made to the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina, 1924 Capital Boulevard, Raleigh, NC, 27604.
- November 19, 2020Isaac Lipkus, professor, will present on April 28, 2021, as part of the Center on Addiction & Behavior Change (CABC) Virtual Seminar Series. A social/health psychologist by training, Lipkus's research focuses mostly on persuasive communications, with a focus on risk communication, to promote lifestyle behavior changes.
- November 19, 2020Beth C. Phillips, associate professor, contributed to "The Nurse Leader’s Role: A Conduit for Professional Identity Formation and Sustainability" in the Nurse Leader. Abstract
- November 18, 2020November 18, 2020November 18, 2020Angela Richard-Eaglin, assistant professor, is running for the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF) Board of Directors. Members are able to vote in these elections. Ballots are open until January 8.November 18, 2020Consulting associate Maria Colandrea contributed to "Clinical Practice Guideline: Ménière's Disease Executive Summary" for the "Otolaryngology Head Neck Surgery." AbstractNovember 17, 2020Several faculty who have won esteemed awards and honors will be recognized during a Virtual Celebration on December 3 at noon on Zoom. These faculty are:November 17, 2020