News for Faculty and Staff
- September 15, 2020I am pleased to announce two staff title changes for Glenn Setcliff and Christin Daniels. With shifts in the organization over the past year and increased complexity of the work in each of these areas, I thought it was warranted to make these title changes. Glenn Setliff, MBA
- September 15, 2020Tech Tip of the Week Do you have students, gamers and multiple mobile devices on your home WiFi? It seems that we all have crowded WiFi these days. Watch this video from "Good Morning America" about boosting your WiFi signal at home. It has simple tips that you may find helpful. Getting the Most from Mediasite
- September 13, 2020John Brion, faculty, has been chosen to receive the Distinguished Alumni award from his undergraduate college, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, where he earned a bachelor's degree in history before beginning his nursing journey. The award was announced in the Fall edition of the school's magazine as this year's ceremony was canceled due to COVID.
- September 10, 2020The Duke University School of Nursing invites applications from faculty candidates with a career commitment to research and teaching for two tenure track positions with the School. Applications are now being accepted until October 15. For more information, visit the Faculty Opportunities web page or contact a member of the Faculty Search Committee:
- September 10, 2020Antonia M. Villarruel, Margaret Bond Simon Dean of Nursing for the University of Pennsylvania, and Dean Marion E.
- September 10, 2020Since its beginning in 1931, the Duke University School of Nursing has become a place where faculty and students from around the world come to study and grow into progressive nursing leaders capable of revolutionizing the profession. The School has truly become a Destination for Outstanding Talent.
- September 9, 2020
- September 9, 2020Kudos to Isaac Lipkus, professor, and his entire team for the submission of their subcontract proposal on Virginia Commonwealth University’s NIH R01 application entitled: "Characterizing Toxicant Exposure/Yield, Behavior, and Abuse Liability of the Electronic Waterpipe." This proposal requests funding for a four-year period with a start date of July 1, 2021.
- September 9, 2020Congratulations to Ryan Shaw, associate professor, Jane Pendergast, of the Duke Department of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics, and their entire team who have received an award for their NIH U24 proposal entitled: "Log2Lose: Incenting Weight Loss and Dietary Self-Monitoring in Real Time to Improve Weight Management." This award is for a five-year period, awarded September 15, 2020, to August 31, 2