You are here
Requirements to apply for federal student loans:
- School Code: 002920
- Degree/Certificate: 2nd Bachelor’s Degree
- Current Grade Level: 5th year undergraduate
- Complete income data using 2015 tax information
- Parent information may be required based on criteria outlined by the Department of Education
To apply for need-based scholarships (new students ONLY):
- Complete the 2017-18 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using the above instructions.
- Complete the 2017-18 CSS Profile, School Code: 2185 Duke U. School of Nursing. There is a $25 fee to submit the CSS Profile, and fee waivers are not available.
- Submit the required tax documents to College Board's IDOC Service.
- 2015 student (and spouse, if applicable) federal tax returns with all schedules and W-2s.
- If born on or after January 1, 1988: 2015 parent federal tax returns with all schedules and W-2s.
- If parent information is required and your parents are divorced/separated/never married, a Noncustodial Profile must be submitted, as well as 2015 noncustodial parent federal tax returns with all schedules and W-2s.
All required materials must be submitted by the priority deadline below to guarantee need-based scholarship consideration.
Priority Financial Aid Deadlines
|NEW FALL STUDENTS||NEW SPRING STUDENTS||CONTINUING STUDENTS|
|Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)||March 3||July 3||May 1|
|CSS Profile||March 3||July 3||n/a|
|College Board IDOC/Tax Documents||March 10||July 10||n/a|
Financial Aid Award Timeline
If all required documents are received by the priority deadline, newly admitted students will receive a financial aid award by email within two weeks of acceptance. The financial aid award may also be viewed within Applicant Self-Service.
Returning students will receive a financial aid award by the end of June. The financial aid award may also be viewed within the Duke Hub.