Wednesday, November 12, 2014
The research findings of several faculty members and a PhD student will be presented at the American Heart Association's Scientific Sessions 2014 in Chicago, Ill., November 15-19, 2014.
- Janet Prvu Bettger - "Issues and Dilemmas in Stroke Survivor Transitions"
- Janet Prvu Bettger - "Risk of Intracranial Hemorrhage Among Acute Ischemic Stroke Patients Receiving Prior Antiplatelet Therapy and Treated with Intravenous Tissue Plasminogen Activator"
- Jennifer Dungan - "Cardiovascular Research from Early Career Nurse Scientists Expanding Evidence of Genetic Contributions to Survivorship in CAD"
- Bradi Granger - "The Correlation of Patient Reported versus Observed Medication Adherence in Type 2 Diabetes (T2DM)"
- Hannah Hughes (PhD student), Midge Bowers, Janet Prvu Bettger, Bradi Granger - "Comparison of Health Literacy by Race and Gender Among Heart Failure Patients"
- Isaac Lipkus - "Effective Tobacco Control: Bridging Clinical and Population Perspectives Understanding Perceptions of Risks and Benefits and Decision-Making Processes"
- Allison Vorderstrasse - "How to Leverage Technology in Patient Self-Management Using Second Life Web-Based Applications in Diabetic Patients"
- Kathy Wood - "Sudden Cardiac Death and ICDs"