Several of our faculty members presented posters at the Duke AHEAD event "Celebration of Education: Cultivating Meaningful Collaboration" spotlighting health professions educators and their remarkable innovations and achievements:
- Midge Bowers - "Candid Conversations with Expert Clinicians" co-authored with Michael Zychowicz (This abstract is a culmination of the work Bowers and Zychowicz were able to pursue thanks to the support of a Catalyst Award from the Center of Nursing Collaboration, Entrepreneurship and Technology (CONCEPT) at DUSON and expert video production assistance provided by CITDL.)
- Anne Derouin - "Can We Learn in the Sandbox Together? Interprofessional Case Conferences as Facilitation Tools"
- Jennifer Dungan - "Experience the Genome": Teaching Health-related Genetics and Genomics with Personal Genome Testing" coauthored with Allison Vorderstrasse
- Remi Hueckel - "Cultivating a Culture of Medication Safety: An Engaging, Focused e-Learning Approach for Nursing Students" coauthored with Peggy Bush and Dana Robinson, ABSN'14
- Valerie Sabol - "Measuring Entry-Level Students’ Self-efficacy, Attitudes and Knowledge Related to the Care of Bariatric Patients" coauthored with Margie Molloy, Amy Pastva, Beth Phillips and Susan Silva
- Eleanor Stevenson - "Perceptions of Patient Safety: An Analysis of Medical and Nursing Student Reflections on Patient Safety" coauthored with Margie Molloy, Beth Phillips and Kathleen Turner
- Queen Utley-Smith - "Teaching Cultural Competence to Health Professionals in an Online Nursing Course: Culturally Responsive Pedagogy"
In addition to those listed above, the following faculty members also authored abstracts that have been published in a book commemorating the inaugural celebration:
- Meg Carman - "Beyond the Classroom: Extracurricular Learning in Preparation for Specialty Practice"
- Anne Derouin - "WIN-WIN-WIN: Collaborating to Create an Education Virtual Library for the ICN and Newborn Nursery"