School of Nursing Based Program Expands Higher Education Impact
Duke University School of Nursing launched a collaboration with PeopleAdmin, a PowerSchool Company (NYSE: PWSC), to make its TAMS software available to more colleges and universities. TAMS is the software created by Duke being utilized at over 50 higher education institutions across the nation. Duke collaborated with PeopleAdmin due to their expertise and prominence in higher education software and solutions. The agreement allows the Duke TAMS team to leverage the robust organization that comes with a large software company to allow even wider adoption.
"Our new collaboration with PeopleAdmin will bring our technology to a well-established SaaS platform, allowing more colleges and universities to benefit from TAMS,” said David Bowersox,MBA, vice dean, Finance & Administration at Duke University School of Nursing and the leader of TAMS. “We’ve seen a significant impact on our teaching assignments process through utilizing TAMS here at Duke and at universities across the nation, and are looking forward to supporting countless new colleges and universities through this collaboration.”
Duke’s School of Nursing experienced the same challenges as most colleges and universities when it came to managing the complexities of making faculty teaching assignments and managing workload.
“Processes were cumbersome, inefficient and filled with operational headaches,” said Bowersox. “Senior leaders knew there had to be a better way of matching the teaching preferences of faculty with the seemingly endless number of options when planning an academic calendar, supporting faculty participation in their workload planning and managing costs.”
TAMS streamlines and simplifies teaching assignment processes and understanding of workload, allowing faculty to be highly engaged and administrators to more easily manage what has historically been a highly manual, complex process. With TAMS, faculty can easily submit course assignment preferences, while administrators can determine the most qualified faculty and instructors with clear views of preference, capacity, and workload conflicts.
"We've seen a significant impact on our teaching assignments process and are looking forward to supporting countless new colleges and universities through this collaboration."
The optimized utilization of workforce allows institutions to save thousands of budget dollars each year by fully accessing the strength of their faculty and ensuring their effort is in line with workload.
Key features of TAMS include:
- Optimized academic planning: A robust, out-of-the box solution to meet academic planning needs – something never before available. All built on a robust, state-of-the-art, highly secure SaaS platform hosted on AWS (Amazon Web Services).
- Digitized course assignments: With centralized management across an entire school or institution, administrators can optimize assignments with just a click, saving hours of manual labor.
- Budget-savings: From year-one, TAMS can help institutions reduce instructor budgets by optimizing faculty assignments.
- Predictive analytics: Easily customizable analytics and reporting to drive decision-making and make reporting and compliance a breeze.
- Drive faculty adoption: A user-friendly interface makes it easy for faculty to submit course preferences from any device. And with a transparent, consistent process, faculty have more clarity and trust in the course assignment process.
Visit teachingassignments.org to learn more.