The Federal Work Study program allows students to work a part-time job to help with educational expenses while still maintaining the primary focus on coursework. The federal government pays 75% of the students’ wages, with the other 25% coming from the academic department/employer’s budget. The student is paid directly, based on the designated pay rate and hours worked, not to exceed 19.9 hours per week.
Currently enrolled ABSN and Nurse Anesthesia students interested in being considered for Federal Work Study must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the 2022-23 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) following the instructions below:
- School Code: 002920
- Submit the DUSON Federal Work Study Request Form
- Have federal need as determined by the FAFSA Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and factoring in other financial resources.
The DUSON Financial Aid office will review the Federal Work Study request form within five business days and add Federal Work Study to the Financial Aid offer or email the student regarding eligibility.