The ideal candidate for Duke University School of Nursing's Doctor of Nursing Practice program has excellent collegiate GPAs, is making an impact on nursing practice and has leadership skills.
- December 1 - Fall Entry Priority
- May 1 - Spring Entry Priority
- Earned BSN from an accredited ACEN or CCNE School of Nursing
- GPA 3.o or above on a 4.0 scale
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required. Individuals who wish to supply GRE scores can send them directly to the Duke University Graduate School. The GRE school code is R5156
- Resume/CV: Resume and/or CV must be uploaded in application
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the state in which practice will occur
- Undergraduate statistics course
- Transcripts: All post secondary transcripts from every school where college credit was earned, not just degree-granting institutions
- Recommendations: Using our secure, personalized form, three professional recommendations that attest to the applicant's academic ability, professional competency and personal character must be submitted electronically by each recommender during the application process.
- Personal Statement: Six comprehensive essays are required and must be uploaded into the supplemental section after application is submitted. Each statement has a maximum of one page, double spaced, 11-12 font size. You must include the question number and question as the header.
- Telephone or in-person interview may be a part of the admission process
Answer all required questions and submit form.
Pay the application fee.
Upload final versions of all required documents. NOTE: Once uploaded, they cannot be changed.
Send electronic recommendation forms using our secure portal.
Unofficial copy of all post-secondary educational transcripts can be uploaded in your self-service portal to be used for the review process only. An official copy of all post-secondary educational transcripts will be required for admittance and can be either mailed or sent electronically to SON-DOCUMENTS@dm.duke.edu or in a sealed envelope to:
Duke School of Nursing
Office of Admissions
307 Trent Dr.
Durham, NC 27710
When your application is complete, it will be submitted and held for review by the program’s admission committee. If any information is missing, your application will not be considered.