Thank you for your interest in the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program at Duke University School of Nursing!
Financing your education can be challenging, and the school has limited financial aid sources for which you can apply. For financial needs beyond what the school offers, students can look to federal or private student loans to meet their educational expenses.
For more information regarding ABSN financial aid options, read the ABSN Financial Aid Overview.
Important Funding Information:
- DUSON Merit Scholarships: Newly admitted ABSN students are automatically considered for the merit scholarship through their admission application. The faculty and Admissions Office jointly select a recipient during admittance. One recipient is chosen for each Fall and Spring entry cohorts. This scholarship funds $40,000 disbursed among four semesters applied to tuition.
- DUSON Need-based Scholarships: Scholarships are awarded up to 100% of tuition based on financial need. The Need-based Scholarship application is now open for the 2024-2025 academic year. Learn More
Current student - scholarships awarded in the first semester of the program will continue at the same amount for all four semesters – no renewal application needed.
- Federal Student Loans - the ABSN program is a second bachelor’s degree program, and federal loans are capped at the undergraduate loan limits (maximum of $12,500 per academic year). The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the only requirement to apply for federal student loans.
- Federal Pell Grants - because the ABSN program is a second bachelor’s degree program, it is not eligible for this grant.
- International students - are not eligible for federal student loans or DUSON scholarships but may be able to secure a private student loan using a U.S. cosigner. For information regarding private lenders, visit: Duke Office of Student Loans and Personal Finance.
- Upon submitting the admission application, you will receive an email with requirements and next steps for applying for Need-based scholarship funding. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts to ensure receipt of these emails.
Select the semester you have applied for admission below for more financial aid information.