Thank you for your interest in the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) and the DNP-Nurse Anesthesia (NAP) programs here at the Duke University School of Nursing (DUSON)! Financing a graduate education can be a challenge and the school itself has limited financial aid sources. Most graduate students use federal student loans and/or employee tuition benefits to help finance their education. For more information regarding Graduate funding options, read the Graduate Financial Aid Overview.
Important information regarding funding for the DNP programs:
- DUSON Merit Scholarship-newly admitted DNP students are automatically considered for the merit scholarship through their admission application. The faculty and the Admissions Office jointly select a recipient at the time of admittance. One DNP student is selected to receive this scholarship for each fall and spring entry cohort and this scholarship funds a total of $29,000 disbursed among five semesters applied to tuition. One DNP-NAP student is selected to receive this scholarship for the fall entry cohort and this scholarship funds a total of $68,400 disbursed among nine semesters applied to tuition.
- Federal Student Loans-graduate students can be fully funded with federal student loans. There are two loans offered to graduate students: unsubsidized and Grad Plus loans which are both non-need-based loans. A credit check is required when using the Federal Graduate Plus loans. Graduate programs are not eligible for the subsidized loan. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the only requirement to apply for federal student loans.
- International students-are not eligible to receive federal student loans or DUSON scholarships but may be able to secure a private student loan by using a U.S. cosigner.
- Upon submitting the admission application, click on the cohort square below for which you are applying to find detailed financial instructions and deadlines. The cohort squares are updated in December for the upcoming academic year.
Financial Aid Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Outside Scholarship Resources
- DUSON Financial Aid Policies and Procedures
Applicants and currently enrolled students can find additional information about funding options and how to apply below.