The IEE Teaching Showcase is a celebration of the creative ways faculty and staff teach at Duke and beyond. If you have implemented a new teaching strategy, assignment, or technology and would like to share your experience in an informal educational setting, contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Virtual Clinical Education Intensive
Friday, January 6, 2023
The IEE and the Central Carolina Faculty Development Collaborative are hosting a free live virtual clinical education intensive co-sponsored by Dr Sellars Educate. The theme is Building Clinical Judgment and Decision-Making Across the Domains: Preparing Entry-Level and Advanced-Level Students for Practice. This four-hour event will feature a live virtual keynote address by Angela Richard-Eaglin, DNP, MSN, FNP-BC, CNE, FAANP, CDE®, Associate Clinical Professor and Associate Dean for Equity at Yale School of Nursing, followed by three live virtual concurrent sessions with presentations that highlight recent and ongoing studies, projects, and initiatives.
Upon successful completion of the intensive, participants will be able to:
- integrate clinical judgment and decision-making;
- develop students’ clinical judgment and decision-making through simulation;
- support students’ transition to practice when clinical sites and experience are limited;
- enhance the evaluation of student performance using the clinical judgment model; and
- ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion remain at the core of clinical practice.