The IEE Teaching Showcase is a celebration of the creative ways faculty and staff teach at Duke and beyond. If you have implemented a new teaching strategy, assignment, or technology and would like to share your experience in an informal educational setting, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2023 Virtual Clinical Education Intensive
“Building Clinical Judgment and Decision-Making Across the Domains: Preparing Entry-Level and Advanced-Level Students for Practice”
Date: January 6, 2023
Time: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. ET
The Duke University School of Nursing Institute for Educational Excellence and the Central Carolina Faculty Development Collaborative are hosting a Virtual Clinical Education Intensive to highlight recent and ongoing studies, projects, and initiatives that address strategies for building clinical judgment and decision-making across the domains.
Presentations will apply to entry-level (pre-licensure) and/or advanced-level (advanced practice) learners and align with one or more of the following:
• Safety in the clinical setting
• Transition to practice
• Feedback and evaluation
Call for Abstracts
Abstracts are due no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on October 10, 2022.
2023 Virtual Clinical Education Intensive Objectives
Upon successful completion Intensive, participants will be able to:
• Integrate clinical judgment and decision-making.
• Develop students’ clinical judgment and decision-making through simulation.
• Support students’ transition to practice when clinical sites and experience are limited.
• Enhance the evaluation of student performance using the clinical judgment model.
• Ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of clinical practice.
Registration Opens Soon