The use of APA style is required for all written assignments unless otherwise directed by the course faculty. Students are expected to use the most current version of the APA style manual which can be purchased through any bookstore or can find resources including online tutorials at the American Psychological Association’s APA Style website: http://www.apastyle.org.
The Duke University School of Nursing is supported by the Duke University Medical Center Library and the Duke University Library. Each facility provides specialized services for students’ academic and research endeavors.
Your Duke ID badge is pre-programmed to provide building access to each of these libraries on campus, and your Net ID and password will provide access to online library resources.
Each facility maintains independent hours of operation.
Medical Center Library Liaison Services
A liaison from the Duke University Medical Center Library holds regular office hours in the DUSON atrium during the academic year.
Your library liaison can:
- Orient you to the resources and services available at the Library.
- Consult on literature search strategies and resource selection.
- Assist with organizing information, such as citation management using EndNote.
- Provide assistance locating full-text articles and other materials.
- Identify resources to help you stay current, including setting up Journal Table of Contents and RSS feeds.
Whether you are an online student or attend mostly on campus classes, our School of Nursing courses make significant use of technology.
Peer Advisors (ABSN and CRNA only): Each student enrolled in these academic programs is assigned to a Peer Advisor, a currently enrolled student who helps to support new students in their transition to DUSON, both academically and socially.
Faculty Advisors: Each student at the School of Nursing is assigned a faculty advisor. Your faculty advisor information can be found in your ACES account in the lower right-hand navigation menu.
Policies and Conduct
Student Handbooks 2018-2019
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) Student Handbook (PDF)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Student Handbook (PDF)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Program (DNP) Student Handbook (PDF)
- PhD in Nursing Program (PhD) Student Handbook (PDF)
Policies and Guidelines
- Duke University Policy on Intellectual Property Rights
- Policy on Inventions, Patents, and Technology Transfer
- Personal Integrity Policy
- Student Computer Policy
- Course Expectations for Faculty and Students