A diverse community of scholars and clinicians, Duke University School of Nursing is educating the next generation of transformational leaders in nursing. We advance nursing science in issues of global importance and foster the scholarly practice of nursing. We have been ranked first in the nation by the U.S. News and World Report for its 2018 Best Nursing Schools rankings. The School offers master's, PhD and doctor of nursing practice degrees as well as an accelerated bachelor of science in nursing degree to students who have previously graduated from college.
The mission of the Duke University School of Nursing is to create a center of excellence for the advancement of nursing science, the promotion of clinical scholarship and the education of clinical leaders, advanced practitioners and researchers. Through nursing research, education and practice, students and faculty seek to enhance the quality of life for people of all cultures, economic levels and geographic locations.
Together transforming the future of nursing, to advance health with individuals, families and communities.
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
Strategic Focus Areas
- Education: Prepare nursing leaders who will shape the future
- Research: Lead and accelerate nursing science and its translation
- Clinical Practice: Provide and promote unparalleled clinical expertise
- Community Health Improvement: Collaborate with the community to advance health
- Global Health: Take DUSON to the world and bring the world to DUSON
- People & Environment: Be the destination for outstanding talent
2016-2020 Strategic Plan
The Strategic Plan for the Duke University School of Nursing establishes a road map to guide the actions of the School through the year 2020. The plan builds on past successes while advancing the priorities of the School in a way that aligns with the priorities of Duke Health and Duke University. Read more